Rajan N. Chokshi, PhD
Dr. Chokshi teaches the following courses:
- Advanced Artificial Lifting with ESP
- Advanced Sucker Rod Pumping
- Artificial Lift and Production Optimization Solutions
- Artificial Lift and Real-Time Optimization for Unconventional Assets
- Electrical Submersible Pump – Design and Optimization Using Nodal Analysis
- Gas-Lift & Deliquification Applications
- Gas Lift Design and Optimization Using NODAL Analysis
- Hydraulic Pumping
- Nodal Analysis in Self-Flowing and Artificial Lift Wells
- Nodal Analysis (Petroleum Experts IPM Software)
- Plunger Lift
Dr. Rajan Chokshi works as an artificial lift and production ‘Optimizer’ for Accutant Solutions. He has over 36 years of experience working with a national oil company, research consortia, consulting and software firms, and a service company in various roles: engineer, software developer, project manager, trainer, consultant, and senior business leader.
Rajan has worked on global projects in multiphase flow, artificial lift, production optimization, data analysis with real-time production monitoring. He has co-authored over fifteen SPE papers and holds two US patents. He has served on the SPE training and global production award committees and several technical committees for the SPE ATCE and artificial lift conferences. He has co-chaired an SPE artificial lift workshop, an SPE forum on production issues in unconventional, and an SPE multiphase flow metering workshop. He was an SPE Distinguished Lecturer twice for the 2015-2016 and 2018-2019 years. Dr. Chokshi holds a Bachelor’s and Master’s in chemical engineering from the Gujarat University and IIT-Kanpur, India; and a Ph.D. in Petroleum Engineering from the University of Tulsa, USA.