Project Management for Exploration and Development Projects
INSTRUCTOR: Robert ‘Bob’ Shoup
COURSE LENGTH (DAYS): 2 Days
AVAILABILITY: Public & In-House
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Any member of a multidisciplinary team (geologists, geophysicists, engineers, landmen, technologists, etc.), or anyone involved with managing multidisciplinary team projects including team leaders, project managers, and advisors.
COURSE DESCRIPTION: The success of many projects falls squarely on the shoulders of the team leader or project manager. Good project management is a must if your exploration, development, acquisition or divestiture projects are to be completed on time, within budget, and result in success. This course teaches the A to Z of managing, organizing, and implementing a successful project plan. Learn why certain projects succeed while others fail. What are your project drivers – time, budget, and/or performance? The answer to this question will impact the success of your project.
- What is project management?
- Fundamentals of planning, organization, and documentation
- Defining desired results
- Organizing the project and team
- Analysis tasks
- Project management models: CPMs and Gantt
- Dynamics of project management: Plan versus Planning
- Project and physical plant organization
- Project management exercise