INSTRUCTOR: John T. Foster, PhD
DISCIPLINE: Engineering, Unconventional Reservoirs
COURSE LENGTH: 5 Days (Classroom) / 40 Hours (Virtual)
AVAILABILITY: Public, In-House, & Live Online
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:Geologists, petrophysicists, engineers.
COURSE DESCRIPTION: Stress and strain analysis; conservation equations, fracture mechanics. Numerical techniques for hydraulic fracture prediction in subsurface. Emphasis on applications to petroleum engineering.
- Understand mechanisms of rock deformation and fracture
- Understand mechanics fluid flow in fractures
- Understand differences in assumptions in hydraulic fracture simulators
- Be able to write a simple hydraulic fracture simulator
- Stress Tensor
- Conservation Equations
- Constitutive Laws
- Rock Failure
- Programming in Python/Julia