SCA has its roots in the geological sciences. We have written three world-class textbooks in the field of petroleum geology and have conducted projects in over 50 countries around the world. SCA’s staff has collectively screened, evaluated, and generated thousands of exploration and development prospects worldwide and has found billions of barrels of oil equivalent. We know what makes a good prospect and we know how to spot the key factors that can make or break a prospect.
Our geological exploration and development services include:
- Prospect generation, screening and evaluation
- Basin evaluation
- Regional geologic studies
- Trend Analysis
- Worldwide mapping experience in various tectonic settings (extensional, compressional, strike-slip, diapiric)
- Field geology and mapping
- Construction of all types of geologic maps (structure, porosity, fault, depositional, isochore, etc.)
- Specialists in computer mapping
- Three-dimensional reservoir analysis
- Integrated structural horizon mapping
- Integrated structural cross section construction
- Integrated stratigraphic cross section construction
- Detailed log correlations and analysis – clastic & carbonate systems
- Reservoir characterization
- Core analysis interpretation – sidewall, whole core; clastic and carbonate systems
- Other core interpretation services – thin section, SEM
- Wellsite geology
WORLDWIDE PROSPECT SCREENING AND EVALUATION
- Corporate portfolio evaluation
- Prospect portfolio evaluation analysis
- Prospect portfolio risk assessment
- Third party independent review of exploration and development prospects
- Application of Quick Look Techniques to evaluate prospects and risk factors
- Evaluate methodology and philosophy used in prospect generation
- Evaluate three-dimensional validity of prospect interpretations
- Conduct risk profile and ranking for generated prospects (regional or global)
- Evaluate workover and re-completion prospects including ranking and risk parameters
- Dry hole or post mortem evaluation of drilled prospects
SEQUENCE STRATIGRAPHIC SERVICES
- Generate integrated regional stratigraphic interpretations incorporating 2-D and 3-D seismic data with well log information and biostratigraphic control.
- Conduct localized and field level studies using structural and stratigraphic information based on the integration of data available such as well log, biostratigraphic control and core data with 2-D and/or 3-D seismic data.
- Develop exploration strategies for individual system tracts in specific areas based on analysis of seismic facies indicators along with knowledge of local depositional history and structural overprint.
- High-resolution biostratigraphic evaluations from foraminiferal and nannoplankton data
- Sequence stratigraphic interpretation in siliciclastic, carbonate and mixed depositional regimes.
- Seismic facies analysis to resolve reservoir potential in specific systems tracts
- Develop integrated balanced cross sections depicting sequence stratigraphic relationships.
- Detailed sequence stratigrahic systems tract mapping including facies distributions.
- Stratigraphic modeling
- Risk assessment of reservoir and trap seal quality on a prospect level
- Integrating rock and log data
- Identifying problem zones for log analysis of well completions
- Recognizing multiple porosity systems
- Evaluating subtle pay zones
- Interpreting depositional environments and cycles
- Sequence stratigraphy to predict carbonate reservoir development
- Analyzing diagenetic modifications controlling reservoir/seal systems
- Comprehensive core descriptions
- Complete rock analytical capabilities, including petrographic, x-ray, and EDAX/SEM evaluations
- Interpretation of reservoir facies types from well cuttings
- Field work in carbonate terrains
- Integrated regional studies & play concept development
- Digital recording of key lithologic data for facies and reservoir definition and input into petrophysical, engineering, and mapping programs
FAULT SEAL SERVICES
- Use of FAPS to undertake studies of prospect fault seal
- Construction of Allen Sections to investigate across-fault reservoir communication
- Analysis of fault displacement and geometry (throw, vertical separation, heave, etc.)
- Fault Seal calibration with pressure data
- Integration of FAPS into SCA’s other geologic and geophysical services
- Fault correlation verification
- Display modeled fault surfaces with detailed stratigraphy
Contact SCA today to learn more.