Reservoir Geomechanics I
February 20 8:00 AM - February 24 5:00 PM CST$3,550.00
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:Geologists, petrophysicists, engineers.
COURSE DESCRIPTION: Stress and strain analysis; conservation equations, fracture mechanics. Numerical techniques for hydraulic fracture prediction in subsurface. Emphasis on applications to petroleum engineering.
- Understand mechanisms of rock deformation and fracture
- Understand mechanics fluid flow in fractures
- Understand differences in assumptions in hydraulic fracture simulators
- Be able to write a simple hydraulic fracture simulator
- Stress Tensor
- Conservation Equations
- Constitutive Laws
- Rock Failure
- Programming in Python/Julia
REGISTRATION should be made at least one month before the start of a course. It is recommended that participants register early due to limited seating. However, we will accept paid registrations up to the last business day before the class, provided there are seats available. Registrants will receive a confirmation email within 48 hours of registration and will receive complete venue information two weeks prior to the first day of class.
As a reminder: your seat in a course is not confirmed until payment is received.