- This event has passed.
Project Management Professional Exam Prep Course
July 22 @ 8:00 am - July 25 @ 5:00 pm CDT$2775
INSTRUCTOR: Jill Almaguer PE MBA PMP
DISCIPLINE: Intro & Multi-Disciplinary
COURSE LENGTH (DAYS): 4 Days
AVAILABILITY: Public & In-House
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Any professional who participates in project related work as a stakeholder including project sponsor, project team member or project manager. Anyone who needs the formal education in project management to apply for the Project Management Professional certification exam.
COURSE DESCRIPTION: This course is based on A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guide), published by the Project Management Institute (PMI), as a recognized standard for the project management profession. The knowledge provided in this course includes recognized best practices of project management practitioners who contributed to the standard development. The course covers key concepts in the project management field along with the processes, inputs, and outputs that are considered best practices on most projects, as well as tools and techniques used in managing projects throughout the project management life cycle. In addition, the course defines key terms and identifies external environmental and internal organizational factors that surround or influence project success.
- How to define project deliverables in scope and effectively manage project throughout life cycle to prevent scope creep
- Calculation concepts and formulas to answer various types of earned value computational questions
- Risk management and response planning to minimize impact to project
- Stakeholder identification and analysis including managing expectations
- Key Procurement terms, concepts and calculations including risk profiles of different types of contracts, and point of total assumption
- Five process groups and ten knowledge areas defined in PMBOK 5th edition
- Examples of business applications of each of the 47 project management processes
- Meet the 35 hour PMI education requirement to apply for the PMP certification exam.
- Course aligned to the 2016 PMI Exam
- 4 Days of intense Classroom training provided by our highly qualified certified PMP trainers
- 35 Contact Hours Certificate will be given to all registrants
- Hardcopy of PMBOK5 – Accredited and approved course material
- 3 months Online Exam Simulator for exam preparation
- End-of-Chapter Quizzes & Simulation Exams
- Industry Case studies
Module-1: Introduction to PMP® and Overview
Module-2: Project Management Framework
Module-3: Project Management Processes
Module-4: Project Integration Management
Module-5: Project Stakeholder Management
Module-6: Project Time Management
Module-7: Project Quality Management
Module-8: Introduction to Project Cost Management
Module-9: Project Human Resource Management
Module-10: Project Communication Management
Module-11: Project Risk Management
Module-12: Project Procurement Management
Module-13: Professional and Social Responsibility
Exam practice prep, review and continued support
SAMPLE TOPIC FROM THE CLASS:
“Risk Management and Response Planning to Minimize Impact to Projects (Including Cyber Security)”
REGISTRATION should be made at least one month before the start of a course. It is recommended that participants register early due to limited seating. However, we will accept paid registrations up to the last business day before the class, provided there are seats available. Registrants will receive a confirmation email within 48 hours of registration and will receive complete venue information two weeks prior to the first day of class.
As a reminder: your seat in a course is not confirmed until payment is received.