Production Forecasting For Low Permeability Reservoirs (Live Online)
July 24 8:00 AM - July 27 12:00 PM CDT$2,125.00
DISCIPLINE: Engineering, Unconventional Reservoirs
COURSE LENGTH: 4 Half-Day Sessions, 8:00AM – 12:00PM CT (16.0 Hours)
July 24-27, 2023
AVAILABILITY: Public, In-House, & Live Online
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Engineers, geologists, financial analysts, investors, bankers, or anyone who needs to understand traditional and recent methods to forecast production for low-permeability oil and gas reservoirs.
COURSE DESCRIPTION: This course summarizes decline curve analysis (DCA), including Arps’ decline models, linear flow models, and other recent decline analysis approaches. We provide background information on basic fluid flow theory, which enhances understanding of strengths and limitations of both traditional and recent decline analysis methods. Numerous short class exercises illustrating principles will be included.
- State assumptions and limitations of Arps and other decline models
- Analyze production histories and forecast production using Arps and other decline models for low-permeability reservoirs
- Analyze production histories and forecast production using the Fetkovich type curve
- Outline systematic forecasting procedures combining rate-transient analysis (RTA), decline curve analysis, numerical and analytical reservoir models
- Basic fluid flow fundamentals underlying DCA and RTA
- Flow regime identification
- Arps decline model
- Fetkovich and other type curves
- Alternative decline models: stretched exponential, power law, long-duration linear flow, Duong model
- Comparison of decline models
- Systematic procedure for DCA
- Overview of RTA, including systematic work flow for applications
Required materials: Laptop computer equipped with Microsoft Excel (for class problem solution)
REGISTRATION should be made at least one month before the start of a course. It is recommended that participants register early due to limited seating. However, we will accept paid registrations up to the last business day before the class, provided there are seats available. Registrants will receive a confirmation email within 48 hours of registration and will receive complete venue information two weeks prior to the first day of class.
As a reminder: your seat in a course is not confirmed until payment is received.
DOWNLOAD THE 2023 COURSE CALENDAR