Introduction to Risk and Uncertainty Management
April 2 @ 8:00 am - April 3 @ 5:00 pm CDT$1925 – $2125
INSTRUCTOR: Susan Howes PE PHR
DISCIPLINE: Intro & Multi-Disciplinary
COURSE LENGTH (DAYS): 2 Days
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Geologists, geophysicists, petrophysicists, reservoir engineers, drilling engineers, production engineers, completion engineers, facility engineers, HSE professionals, technical managers.
COURSE DESCRIPTION: This course is for members of multi-disciplinary project teams who need to identify key technical, mechanical, geological and commercial risks, and develop mitigation plans to address these risks. Members of multi-disciplinary technical teams will learn to plan how to resolve key uncertainties associated with their responsibilities for managing exploration portfolios, building regional exploitation strategies, managing capital projects and maintaining robust asset development plans.
- Understand the differences between risk and uncertainty
- Learn how to identify and address various types of risk, including technical, mechanical, geological and commercial
- Be able to add value with the appropriate level of uncertainty resolution and risk mitigation
- Improved cross-disciplinary communication between team members, their managers, and field personnel
- Enhanced decision quality
- Introduction of key concepts for risk and uncertainty management
- Decision quality principles
- Developing a Relevant Frame
- Generating Creative and Doable Alternatives
- Using Relevant and Reliable Information
- Assessing the Consequences of Choosing Different Alternatives
- Applying Logical Analysis
- Committing to Action
- Characterize uncertainties and develop uncertainty resolution plans
- Analyze risks and develop risk mitigation strategies
- Practice the systematic methodology through application with relevant case studies
REGISTRATION should be made at least one month before the start of a course. It is recommended that participants register early due to limited seating. However, we will accept paid registrations up to the last business day before the class, provided there are seats available. Registrants will receive a confirmation email within 48 hours of registration and will receive complete venue information two weeks prior to the first day of class.
As a reminder: your seat in a course is not confirmed until payment is received.