Energy Transition for Petroleum Professionals
November 2 8:00 AM - November 4 5:00 PM CDT$2,775.00
INSTRUCTOR: D. Nathan Meehan, PhD, PE
DISCIPLINE: Engineering, Geoscience
COURSE LENGTH: 3 Days (November 02-04, 2022)
AVAILABILITY: Public, In-House, & Live Online
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Reservoir engineers, petroleum engineers, production engineers, geologists, geophysicists, managers, independent operators, marketing personnel and anyone who needs a practical understanding of the energy transition and how it will affect future oil and gas activities and what the opportunities are to be “part of the solution.”
COURSE DESCRIPTION: This course is designed for energy professionals with an understanding of oil and gas operations and activities but not necessarily any background in climate change, energy transition, life cycle analysis or alternative fuels. The course emphasizes the role of fossil fuels in a world with increasing drivers away from such fuels. Practical approaches to minimize the carbon impact of oil and gas operations are presented.
- Understanding of key drivers for alternative energy and the energy transition.
- Understanding of quantitative ways to evaluate carbon intensity of oil and gas operations and ways to lower that impact.
- Understanding of key policy issues associated with the energy transition.
- Understanding of carbon capture, utilization, and storage (CCUS) and other major opportunities to profit from the energy transition.
- History of energy
- Drivers for the transition
- Climate change
- Governments and policy
- Technology and cost
- Differing regional baselines and transition pathways
- Not all zero-carbon power comes from renewables, not all renewables are carbon-free.
- Decarbonizing Oil and Gas
- Industry-specific issues
- Case studies
- The way ahead
SAMPLE TOPIC FROM THE CLASS:
“Energy Transition – The Next Step to Net Zero”
REGISTRATION should be made at least one month before the start of a course. It is recommended that participants register early due to limited seating. However, we will accept paid registrations up to the last business day before the class, provided there are seats available. Registrants will receive a confirmation email within 48 hours of registration and will receive complete venue information two weeks prior to the first day of class.
As a reminder: your seat in a course is not confirmed until payment is received.