Carbon Capture Utilization and Storage – An Engineering Perspective (Live Online)
May 15 8:00 AM - May 19 12:00 PM CDT$2,775.00
DISCIPLINE: Geoscience, Engineering, Multi-Disciplinary & Introductory
COURSE LENGTH: 5 Half-Day Sessions, 8:00AM – 12:00PM CT (20.0 Hours)
May 15-19, 2023
AVAILABILITY: Public, In-House, & Live Online
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Petroleum engineers and geoscientists interested or already engaged in methane and carbon dioxide (CO2) capture from industrial and agricultural sources and from the air, CO2 utilization for enhanced oil recovery (EOR), and CO2 storage in depleted reservoirs and saline aquifers.
COURSE DESCRIPTION: The primary topics of discussion during this course are (1) Methane leak avoidance and CO2 emissions capture, (2) CO2 EOR, (3) Blue hydrogen and CO2 transport and storage, (4) Saline aquifer storage with Monitoring, Reporting and Verification (MRV), and (5) Economics.
- Estimate CO2 storage capacity, well injectivity, a suitable Monitoring, Reporting, and Verification (MRV) plan, and storage cost in $/tonne, based on geologic models and (where applicable) reservoir production data
- Explain quantitative evidence for sustainable CO2 storage in terms the public can understand
- Locate information essential to storage asset evaluation from digital publications and online data
- Uses for fossil resources
- Greenhouse gas (GHG) emission sources
- GHG storage options
- CO2 capture and utilization
- Maximized CO2 storage in depleted oil reservoirs
- Currently active EOR+ projects
- Carbon neutral crude oil
Decarbonizing Natural Gas
- CO2 storage in depleted gas reservoirs
- CO2 storage in a blue hydrogen economy
- Hydrogen storage
CO2 Storage in Saline Aquifers
- CO2 storage in deep saline aquifers
- Wells and CO2 injection
- Monitoring, Reporting, and Verification
- Are we making money yet?
- Value products
REGISTRATION should be made at least one month before the start of a course. It is recommended that participants register early due to limited seating. However, we will accept paid registrations up to the last business day before the class, provided there are seats available. Registrants will receive a confirmation email within 48 hours of registration and will receive complete venue information two weeks prior to the first day of class.
As a reminder: your seat in a course is not confirmed until payment is received.
DOWNLOAD THE 2023 COURSE CALENDAR